How much does it cost to repair a catalyctic converter cadillarc sts 2005 V8

Asked by Mar 01, 2014 at 10:24 PM

210,315

Catalytic Convertors aren't repairable, so you are talking about replacing. Cost will vary based vs using OEM or OE parts and labor cost vary from location and shop. I found an OE cat in the $300-$500 range. Add in local shop markup, and that could double. Plus since you have a V8, your probably looking at replacing (2) of them. So get a couple quotes from muffler shops to local mechanics or dealerships. BTW: Since the cat is possible clogged, have the issue fixed that caused it to fail as well. Usually it's caused by unburnt fuel.