2003 Jeep Liberty, Have changed radiator 5 times, keeps acquiring a leak after about 3 months. Could it be the fan causing this to happen?

20

Asked by Feb 14, 2014 at 08:07 PM

42,815

Do you know where the leak is? Does it keep leaking in the same area?

42,815

If you can't find a visible leak, check out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psk0SAErcv8

40

Probably missing some mounting parts. Little L shaped rubber numbers so the radiator doesn't rub on anything. I f2f fan is hitting it then definitely the problem.again radiator musr not be mounted right.

20

I am not sure where leak is, have taken to shop every time for replacement under warranty. This all started after another "mechanic" changed my fan out because he said it was why my A was not cooling. After a new compressor and coils from him over filling the freon, the actual worked again. It turned out nothing was wrong with the fan at all but have had radiator issues ever since. I hate for this guy to keep eating the labor cost to Warranty replace it if it's really the fan causing it. :/

20

Watched video will look to see if coolant in the oil bit so far it's always been on the ground, obvious leak.

Have had similar issues with my 04 limited liberty.... The leak for mine is always on the bottom end of the radiator the fan doesn't touch. It leaks between the plastic and aluminum, I have been searching for a fully aluminum radiator for a while but just can't find one... I have done all the work myself doesnt take much time anymore since I've been doing it ever 3-4 months since December 2013 idk what else to do