2003 chevy Trail Blazer

5,660

Asked by Feb 12, 2014 at 11:50 PM

A freind of mine has a 2003 chevy trail blazer when you put it in 4 high or 4 low it stays in 2 wd.Would it be the actuator onthe front end or the encoder on the tcase? some sites tell me that They are the same and there is only one but other sites tell me that they are different! All the lights come on and say what drive you are trying to go into but still stay's in 2 wd

20,325

jack up the frontend and turn the front driveshaft, now engage the transfer case, you cannot turn the front shaft by hand if connected. so actuator it is or vacuum loss to it

5,660

But is there only one actuator some sites say that there are 2 and is the actuator on the tcase? or on the front axel?