I just turned 16 me and my mom could really use a car I'm not talking brand new I want a 300 to 500 dollar beater maybe a truck or sum thing as long as it drives

Asked by Feb 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM

254,165

So what is your question? Are you asking what kind of vehicle you should buy or are you asking if someone has one for sale? At that amount of money you aren't going to get much and will have to put another 1K or more to get it up to spec. Like tires and brakes. How long do you plan on keeping the said car?

We'll I'm working right know and my school offers this lyco program so all I have to do is find some parts and install them my self because I go to the automotive program in lyco and I just need a car to get me from point a to point b.and yes I'm looking for one for sale at that price range

5,840

Good luck you can get that kind of money thease days for scrap metal. Sorry

Thanks guys and u can't u can get that much for 5000 pounds of scrap metal

5,840

Sorry bud but I just scraped a 1997 ford f150 and got $ 450 for it for the parts minus the the trans and rear end at upullrparts

5,840

your 16 I am 59 I have been around the block a few times and used to be a scrap metal guy. You need to know what you are doing!

Down here u can't get that much where I am because it's all fiberglass cars and rice burners I Ment no disrespect I thank u for the advice though

5,840

Plus I know all so buy and fix and sell autos . What you could get for $300 to $500 a few years back are now around $1000 to $1500 and still need alot of work. So good luck on your search hope you find some thing

Thank u

I just found a local dodge dakota for 200 and just needs new rear brakes

5,840

No problem Amos don't give up hope you never know some thing may fall your way. I did not take it as disrepect in any way just trying to help you and let you know it,s a whole new world ot there on cars now a days

5,840

Are they talking lines ,calipers,rotors,pads,bostor? And how many miles on it and what engine and trans in it? Like Tom said you could be looking at a $1000 plus it may need brakes but what else is shot on it? Ask yourself that question. That is cheap