Only here and there my truck won't start why?

Asked by Feb 07, 2014 at 02:07 PM

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 that only here there won't start but it seem like it's only in
the winter with half tank of fuel and the radio on. The check gauges comes on with an
other red lamp on the opposite side. Then 20 mins or so the truck starts and everything's
normal then until the next time

Turns over but not crank? If so My 2007 was doing the same. It finally give me a code for egr valve. Turns out that at times the egr valve would stick open and the truck would not start. After replacement of egr all is good. If it's a click no turn over no start. I would check the battery. Mine also did this also. My battery tested good. Could not figure it out. Finally changed the battery for a new one and all is good now. Old battery no longer had the cold cranking amps that my truck needed to start it.