I have a 2005 Chevy Impala and my heat is blowing cold air! I read an answer you posted before about coolant leak, air in the hose and the thermostat, but how could air get in the hose?

Asked by Jan 31, 2014 at 10:42 PM

19,675

Low on antifreeze or you have a blend door in the heater box not switching from cold to hot.

111,045

If coolant level is ok and hoses going to the heater core are both hot then I would suspect a faulty blend door actuator motor. These cars are known for issues with them

Thank you! I thought it was the thermostat, I never checked to see if the hoses were hot. I will do that tomorrow and let you know the outcome. Again thanks!

111,045

Ok. When checking the hoses if one is hot and the other is cold that would mean heater core is stopped up. If neither is hot it's an engine coolant issue. Or on some models there is a valve in the inlet hose of the heater core. (Not really sure if yours has the valve or not just mentioning it just in case you see one while checking the heater core hoses)