How can i fix a exghaust doughnut for an aftermarket header on a 96 dodge ram 1500 it is for the most part all there it just has a couple spots missing at the bigger end.


Asked by Jan 25, 2014 at 02:47 AM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

1 Answer


Ok. So I answered your other post too. Do you have the older style headers. They will have a 3 bolt plate that sandwiches the gasket between the header flange and the exhaust flange to another 3 bolt plate? This is called the collector. Check my pic out. Same bolt pattern? Measure the OD of the pipe at the flange that will be the size of collector flange gasket that you need. 3" is the most common but there are but 2.5 and 3.5" sizes. These should be found at any auto parts store that carries proformance parts.

1 of 1 people found this helpful.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search Maintenance & Repair Questions

Maintenance & Repair Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 175,080
#2 dandyoun
Reputation 93,620
#3 tennisshoes
Reputation 76,150
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.