Ideas anyone?!! 99 Durango will not turn over = FRUSRTAED.

Sugar Bear

Asked by Jan 24, 2014 at 01:44 PM

99 Durango will not turn over. New batt, alternator, starter, fuel pump, and by-passd alarm...has pressure and spark..jus wont fully turn = FRUSTRATED. Several people have looked it and cannot figure out the problem.

Will not turn over at all? Or will turn over just slower than normal. Or turns over good just won't start.? If not at all or slow I would check all battery connections and frame and motor negative connections. They all must be clean and tight. If all that looks good the check the starter connections. (Clean and tight). If that looks good then check for proper voltage at starter and sylinoid when trying to start.

dandyoun yah. Check voltage on the crank wire at the starter while trying to start. Ignition might be fried.

Sugar Bear

it turns over good, jus wont wants to go, but nothing. I will try , thankx

If it turns over then its a fuel, spark, PCM issue. Is the check engine light on. Unfortunately I only no GM efi systems and wont be much help in this department. Start with the basics. You say it has spark, Bright blue? Fuel pressure at the rail doesn't mean that it is injecting. Does the exhaust smell like fuel after you try to start it? I will try and look up what sensor controls the fuel delivery.