Prevais question about cold start

Asked by Jan 22, 2014 at 08:56 PM

It has a v 8  6.0 gas engine

19,925

Are you sure it's not a 5.4 v8, 6.8 v10, or 6.0 diesel? that's all ford had in a super duty in 05.

19,925

Take it to a garage and have the battery load tested. I have seen them show 12v and load test them and drop to 4v. Load tested they should not drop below 10v and build back to 12v in 5 seconds. That is why I wanted to know the engine size. v10 or diesel no less than 1000 cca and v8 gas no less than 800cca.

I had advance auto check it with there machine. I bout the battery from them in 10/2012. I had the alternator installed last year

19,925

Did they load test it though? How many CCA does the battery have? How long ago was it tested?

I am thinking that the battery post mite be the problem. I have cleaned them but maybe something else mite be wrong with them. It just started doing this , this year

I just had it tested three weeks ago.

19,925

If it doesn't have enough cca it takes everything the battery has to crank the engine. That's why the bigger the engine the more cca's you have to have when cold. If you are sure that it is good then the only thing it could be is the starter dragging.

19,925

Yes. Clean or replace the terminals and make sure where they go to the body/frame are tight with no corrosion.

Thank you for your time and help with this problem. It's my bed time. Goodnight.

19,925

keep us posted

Will do . Thanks