I have a 69 Chevy step side and I have two metal lines coming up from the floor I know one is the gas to go back in the tank but were does the other one go its only one line out the fuel sending unit

Asked by Jan 10, 2014 at 01:52 PM

okay one is an evaporative vent....the other...will have to investigate a little more~

that's the evaporative system for 1969...there should be NO pipes, pipin' thru the bed~ something just doesn't sound right here..."fuel sending unit"...this one has a manual gspurch gsplurch pump on the engine should produce 7-15 PSI, if tested~ the fumes from the gas tank (as you have a vented gas cap) are shown on that diagram goin to the charcoal canister...and the gray line represents vented thru the canister airfuel~

...okay the only fuel routing is from fuddy-duddy V8 with high-pressure injection and a fuel rail....this is not you....tho, I can see one as a return line back to the tank...and the other fumes/evap to the charcoal canister....that solves this set of puzzles, for now...still ain't sure on the pipes stickin' up...a government job by a prior owner....perhaps they were messin' around with LP gas....who knows?~