I have a 2001 pontiac Grand Prix. I went to start my car this morning it wouldn't start. It cranks over like it wants to start but won't. I put more gas in it & tried to jump it. Is it bc it's so cold

Asked by Jan 07, 2014 at 05:58 AM

I was told there could be moisture in
my gas tank that's why I out more
gas in it. & I left jumper cables on it
for an hour. But still nothing. My
interior lights come on & my battery
has power bc it sparked when I out
cables on it. Please give me some
advice.

246,525

You left jumper cables on the battery? What was it hooked up to you? Do you have a voltmeter? Measure the voltage. It should read 12.2 or higher to start the car.

Uhm no it wasn't hooked up to me! This is serious not no joke. & I'm not a machanic I ain't got nothing to read my battery!

246,525

I know it isn't a joke, just trying to help. From where I'm sitting it's hard to guess what's going on with your car based on a post on this forum. A lot of this advise is guess work. It very well could be that it is cold or something else is going on. Best to call AAA at this point and get it looked at/ towed to the nearest garage.