salvage title cars

Asked by Jan 04, 2014 at 03:37 AM

How much less should be payed for a car with a salvage title?

247,275

Depends on the car. An older collectible car that is repaired properly, probably nothing, a newer daily driver , maybe 1K less. A salvage title carries a negative vibe with buyers. So in general, if the car passed a safety test and all is fine working order, you can consider buying one, but only if you plan on keep it a long time or till it is worn out, because resell will hurt you.

245

I would say ..take the clean trade value and cut that in half and that's the guide i use when buying salvage titled automobiles.....

I take the the lowest trade in value less 50%,but you also have to consider the repair cost,as well as what you can resale it for.In Ohio i think that it's getting harder to sell a late model vehicle with a rebuilt title especially if the airbags had deployed.

thanks