I have a 2002 Saab 9.3. it is stuck in park.

Asked by Dec 28, 2013 at 02:07 PM

When I push brake pedal to shift onto drive I feel a click in the shift lever, but shift lever will not leave park position.

2,095

Check and see if your brake lights come on when you hit the brake pedal. If they do not, check the brake light switch at the brake pedal by disconnecting the electrical connector, then jumping the two points with a paperclip. If the brake lights come on, then the switch is bad...replace the switch and you should be back on the road. Btw, you can move the car a short distance if you need to with the brake light switch jumped, but the brake lights will be on continuously, so I don't suggest moving it far.