I have a 2007 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 flex fuel truck and the heater will not blow out the floor vents. When the selector is put the floor setting it only blows out the defrost. What would cause the selector part on the heater not to switch to the floor?

135

Asked by Dec 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM

116,465

The ac/heater door actuator is bad or broke.

135

There's no problem with any other settings, panel vents or defrost. The only problem seems to be any setting involving the floor vents. Panel/ floor setting only blows out the panel vents, the defrost/floor setting only blows out the defrost, ac/heater setting works fine, when selected to floor only it blows out the defrost only.

116,465

Mode Actuator door not operating properly for the floor settings. Dodge trucks are known for actuator door issues.

135

That figures it's the one way up under the dash. Pretty much on top of the heater assembly.

135

I was hoping for an easier fix, but probably no such luck for that.

116,465

I am trying to find you a video that will help you out.

116,465

Can't find you a good video for the 2007 but I went out and inspected mine. I believe that the one that is causing your issue is the door on the lower drivers side of the heater assembly. It's right behind the cup holders.

116,465

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAclL84Qq8E --- check this out

116,465

http://www.heatertreater.net/videos.html#ram2

116,465

Yes it is your mode two door that's acting up. The part 2 video of the heater treaters link will show this door. Hope all this helps

135

Thank you. It may help but I'm kinda worried about breaking something, cause I have to remove the whole dash to even see the actuator.