I have a 1987 Buik Regal Limited. I have a new Battery I have a new Alternator. I havn't replaced the Voltage Regulator yet. Do I need to. I also blew a brand new altrernator belt. The old belt was put back on but I think the alternator even though it is new is failing. After I put on the old belt I drove home from work and the electrical power was slowly failing. I backed into my driveway and the car was dead as if battery was drained all I got was the cliking sound when trying to start the car Battery dead I know. Any thouhts.

15

Asked by Dec 21, 2013 at 03:16 PM

69,285

The voltage regulator is incorporated into the alternator. Since you just replaced the alternator, judging by your symptoms, I'd say you got a defective alternator. Try exchanging it and see what happens. HTH. -Jim