I put a clutch in a 2007 chevy colbalt and now it only has fith and reverse gears and shift cables are good and moving but is there something that could have done wrong or is the transmission done for

Asked by Dec 20, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I'd take a good long look at the transmission mounts and pry them with a huge screwdriver to see if the rubber is still cohesive....as this changes the geometry of the entire drivetrain if not correct~ http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ani-3043? seid=srese1&gclid=CNLb6qHCwLsCFfBDMgodskwAKg

I don't think the transmission mount have anything to do with the standard trans not shifting in to gear I only got reverse and fifth gear after replacing clutch

2,925

Check to see if you mixed the cables of the selector that could be your problem