Starting my 2011 Nissan Juke

20

Asked by Dec 14, 2013 at 06:03 PM

How do I start my 2011 Nissan Juke if the intelligent key & push button doesn't work?
The salesman told me to take the key out of the fob and there might be a place in the glove box to insert the key & start it.  I can't find it.  Do you know if there's a place to start it with the key and if so, where?
The salesman hasn't returned my question yet.
Thanking you in advance.
Ronda Gillespie

111,035

Have you checked your owners manual for this info?

20

I just bought my Juke & the dealer didn't have a manual. They are ordering one and will send it to me, so for the time being I've been having trouble starting it. Every morning I have to mess & mess with the intelligent key and it eventually starts. For the balance of each day it starts but in the morning I have touble again. Thanks for your help. Ronda

111,035

If you just bought it I would see dealer about fixing the issue. They should make this issue go away for you if they are a reputable dealer.

241,665

Ronda, you should have at least 2 keys in case you misplaced one. Some used cars like you found out will only have one key. Hopefully your car dealer will make good for you. If not then I suggest you take a trip to your nearest Nissan dealer. There they will be able to program or fix your current key and then you would be able to purchase and have another one programmed. To warn you, it isn't cheap, so be prepared. At least $200 a key and fob.