How do you polish a magnuson m112 supercharger?

Asked by Dec 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM

toss a mitfull of bon-ami cleanser into the intake.....that's all I've got...never dealt with this...have polished with mild abrasives though~

19,055

get a rotary polishing disc about 4 inch by 1/2 with an arbor to insert in a rotating tool like a drill, acquire some aluminum polish and spray bottle water while you run the wheel over the work

thanks 7jimmy7...we love you, man~

19,055

ditto good buddy,

If it's aluminum use 2" Scotch Bright disc's & a rubber arbor on a drill or small grinder like a Dremel tool. Brown scotch bright is course, maroon is medium, & blue is fine, start with brown or maroon first then blue to remove the fine wheel marks. 400 fine grit wet sandpaper by hand & buff with aluminum polish. Check with the "Eastwood Company" too, they have all the stuff you will need. Take your time & steps, it will come out like chrome!

Thank you all for your help!! My boyfriend has put me in charge of several things as we put together this little old Austin Healy Sprite, today I have been doing some undercoating painting. Easy yeah, hopefully the polishing will be more of a challenge!! I love learning new things, I'm happy he's allowed me to assist!! I may have to ask you guys more questions later, thank you again!!

19,055

Wow!

What's wow?! lol

19,055

its, how do you all this handy work? most ladies around my town just drive them and break them

I don't mind gettin my nails and the rest of me dirty, there's showers!! Lol my boyfriend teaches me mostly everything, other than that I google it, that's how I found this forum. Chicks shouldn't be so helpless, it's good to learn somethin

It's so cool to see "Chicks" work on cars! Glad to help, don't forget to check with the "Eastwood Company" for polishing, & get a catalog from them. Used by pro's & aircraft techs like me.