What is the "handle on a truck"?

Asked by Nov 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I'm a translator and came across this sentence: He's turning a handle on a truck.
What is the "handle on a truck"?
Because this is one of multiple choices for the picture comprehension question of the
English exam, there is no context. Please help me!

5,240

What year and type of truck? and what handle are thay talking about? Thats what I do no"nt understand? Handell WTF is that?

210,545

Usually it's the piece of plastic or metal you grab to open the door.

Thank you! Yes, I googled and found that "a handle" could be a door- handle, but the sentence says he is turning it, so I get confused. And as I mentioned, the sentence gives me no clue about what kind of truck it is. I just want to know what you car people usually take this word as. Any other suggestions?

210,545

A handle/lever can turn as well.