I have a 97 gmc pickup. I want to run a 400w and a 1100w inverter. My question is this. After I wire my extra battery up to my truck, which batter do I run my wires for the inverters?

Asked by Nov 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM

The inverter will have instructions on how to wire it into your existing configuration~

does this drawing make any sense to you?~

Yas it does but I'm wording dc to ac converters. Is it the same principle

I guess what I'm trying to ask is after putting the second battery on do I run the wires off the new battery or the battery that was already on the truck.

Okay...what you're going to want is 6 volt deep-cycle (GO-KART) batteries...banks of them if you want to use the power for any drain that might be substantial...if you're intention is to capture the power...if you are using it immediately....just hook another 12 in parallel so you still get 12 volts~ ....the inverter is working only when revving the engjne?...I guess this is where I'm not foloowling ye~

Welding your campsite in the middle of nowhere?...question the need for such power~

Sorry bout that I should have said what my plans were for the inverters. I do a lot of of jobs for people and sometimes there's not power were I'm working. My father inlaw gave me two inverters so I could use power tool from my truck when power was not available

I'm just goin to use them for small power tools