I have a 2003 VW GTI that needs a new transmission. At this point, I don't think it's worth putting more money into the car (especially not for a new transmission). What are my options in terms of what to do with the car? I'm not sure if anyone would buy it...

Asked by Nov 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM

21,315

needs a transmission? for real? who says so? or did it go down in flames, as you watched? Their are so many misdiagnosis's be certain before you bailout. to scrap. even at that someone may need a body for their gti, advertise for low book or less stating the car! theirs an ass for every seat , and im the biggest one around, making a fortune on reconnecting a few sensors or wires

5,840

10 years old and how many miles? and what condition is the car in? sometimes they are woth fixing and some times not . Hell see it to 7jimmy7 see if he can make a buck. I would scrp it my self

21,315

how about cash for clunkers when it returns, that's 3 grand at least just drag it in

254,205

If you sell it, disclose that it has a bad transmission, and someone might buy it to repair or you can part it out and then scrap the rest of the car.