I have a 2000 dodge caravan I got up the other morning took my brother to work on my way back my check engine light came on my van just cut off. I waited probley 5 hours.

Asked by Nov 17, 2013 at 03:57 PM

I went back out cranked the van went to the store put gas in went probably 10 miles and my van shut off again and now won't crank back. sounds like its trying to but just won't crank up. What could be wrong?

7,745

was the van doing anything out of the ordinary like a bad idle or sputtering when this started to happen ? easiest way to solve this one is to get your cars codes scanned and it will tell you whats wrong it may be something simple like the spark plugs need replacing due to one fouling out. an engine stall is ussaly 1 of a couple things, Gas related blockage or sparking failure, or computer failure. so grab the codes and we can go from there. you can either head to your local shop or ask a friend who has a reader to scan them for yea