What do the injectors run off? The computer? My gpas has a 88 ford f-150 and the two on one side won't work and neither will the one on the otherside..he's wondering what it could be?

Asked by Nov 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM

71,635

Check to see if the injectors are getting power by using a 12 volt DC test light. They need a "trigger signal" to spray fuel. If they are, replace them. Given the age of Grandfather's truck I'd suggest replacing all of the injectors if the 3 that aren't working are getting power. HTH. -Jim

104,155

The trigger signal that Js was talking about comes from the ECM, you may have injector power but you will need to check for the trigger pulse, I would recommend getting a "noid light" for testing the injector pulse as they won't damage the injector driver in the ECM, and they plug right into the injector plug.