How match would an 83 ford atomatic transmission cost? and would it be possible to shift gears from first second and then into drive for 3rd and then into overdrive for 4th and 5th and it still work ?

Asked by Nov 10, 2013 at 09:55 AM

Because when its in drive it won't come out of first!!

237,185

Sounds like your trans needs some help. Are you looking for a used transmission, rebuild or new? A used one from a salvage yard will be in the hundreds, a rebuild one, $1500-$2500, and a new one $3k or more. Are you installing or having someone else do it? Not really worth replacing/fixing if your Ford is a '83 IMO.