Why are there different batteries for models with manual transmission vs. automatic transmissions?

20

Asked by Nov 01, 2013 at 03:38 AM

For a Mazda 3s, some battery brand models such as MAXX have a battery for the
automatic transmission models (35-N) but not for the manual transmission models. What
difference does the transmission make on the needed specification of the battery?

228,715

I just checked and both a Group 35 and 26R is specified for a Mazda 3. They both have the same CCA, but a different size. 35 is roughly 8.875" x 9.75", the 26R is roughly 7.75" x 8.5". My guess is depending on the transmission, the battery location is smaller dimension wise than the other. Make sure you get the right one.