2002 Ford Explorer leaking coolant, but passed the pressurization test?????

10

Asked by Oct 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Ford Explorer was leaking coolant on driveway.  Coolant was low, topped it off and took to garage, passed pressurization test, appears to have stopped leaking.  All this in a two day time frame.  May have been leaking longer, but just noticed with coolant on driveway.

21,985

hate it when that happens- you take it to the shop and the beast shyly behaves- if you saw coolant it might have come out of the reservoir because the level was too high- or someone spilled coolant in the engine bay while adding fluid- or there might really be a leak- keep your eyes on the driveway

10

Sounds reasonable, however, no coolant has been added in a while. Thanks.

66,075

Yes, keep an eye on it. Possibly the recovery tank has sprung a leak. Or you've got a pin hole somewhere, like the radiator, and it's temporarily plugged up by a piece of dirt or rust floating around in the cooling system. HTH. - Jim