The plug/cable for the odometer underneath my 1998 mercury grand marquis came unplugged. I plugged it back in but the odometer is still not working. How do I fix this?

Asked by Oct 18, 2013 at 09:29 PM

The plug/cable that runs from the odometer to the transmission got caught on some tall grass and came unplugged. This made the odometer quit working and the o/d light to keep flashing on and off. I plugged it back in but the odometer is still not working. What do I need to do to get the odometer back working?

108,845

Try unhooking battery for at least ten minutes. This may reset it for you.

Someone else told me that on this car that the odometer and o/d wires are hooked to the rear end housing but there is nothing there. I will try the battery idea. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know