V4 versus V6

Asked by Oct 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Does anyone know what difference make a V6 versus a V4. If I drive snowy steep hills should I definitely go with a V6?
Thanks

104,145

I can't think of any car manufactures that make a V4 engine, I've seen flat 4's inline 4's in cars. But to answer you question I would go with the V6 if the hills are what you say.

2,465

alfa Romeo made a v4 back in the day. Bit spineless tho...

2,465

in answer to your question, buy a diesel 4wd. You'll get the traction from the 4wd system with the bundle of torque from the diesel without needing loads of revs.

Thanks for your answers. I guess I meant I4 versus V6. Trying to figure out if a 4WD with an I4 engine will do it for me on the snowy hills. The I4 seems to have better mpg.

2,465

If It's mainly hills and lots of snow then you'll want a diesel for the big pulling power at low rpm, as I'm sure your aware, high rpm and snow = some of the best rally drifts/donuts ever in a Walmart/Asda/Tesco carpark. Not so good when your trying to get home after busting your balls at work all day and find yourself going backwards more than forwards cos ya gots no grip.

104,145

What kind of vehicle are you thinking of? Is it an actual 4WD or an AWD?

2,465

As long as all 4 wheels are powered somehow then meh... Think Subaru forester or even a land/range rover

Thinking a 4wd, 6v, SUV , something like a ford escape or a Toyota rav.

2,465

buy a range rover then, they literally will climb any mountain or cross any river