How Do U Reboot, Or Reset The Computer On A 95Chevy Tahoe Using The Break Pedal, And Ignition,, Plz

Asked by Oct 02, 2013 at 11:15 AM

7,055

As far as I know disconnect the positive battery cable for ten minutes. resets the PCM

104,425

Here is how I reset them: disconnect the negative battery cable, turn on the headlights wait 30 seconds, turn off the headlights, reconnect the negative cable, and roadtest to make sure that the codes do not return.

Even If My Truck Was Without Battery For Over A year

104,425

If it has been without power for that long then the ECM has went back to factory default settings, no need to reset it. I would be more concerned with electric motor failures ie fuel pump, heater servo motors, speedo drive motor, stuff like that.