1995 jeep grand Cherokee Something is draining my Battery

Asked by Sep 25, 2013 at 03:51 PM

My Battery is 6 month old.Yesterday i started the car and all i got was a cranking  sound and my lights where flashing and heard a ticking sound coming from my glove comp. I put the key into all the doors,but the only door that stops the blinking is the passengers side door. dome lights and headlight all work. The only thing that did not work is the Radio. We jumped the car started right up, left it running for about 15 minutes then shut it off. Started it up again  with no problem. When i got back into the car an to start it an hour later the same thing battery dead lights flashing. Please help

You need to find out what system is draining the battery, recharge your battery then disconnect a battery cable, positive or negative doesn't matter, put a test light between the battery post and cable end, if light turns on then you have a battery draw, if you have a draw you need to remove the fuses one at a time until the light goes out making a note of where each fuse goes, but before you do that disconnect the alternator wiring at the alternator and see if that puts out the light, if it does then you need a new alternator.