95 Ford bronco won't start from column . Replaced steering column, key and ignition Switch.

10

Asked by Sep 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM

ok. what we've got is an electrical concern...changin' the column is like changing your jammies, feels nice...till morning~ think these have an "ignition relay"....have heard of this goodie being stuck ON and the damned car wouldn't shut off~....confident you've got one or some enabler that ain't enablin'~

Best Answer

okay....13.95....I"d say that would be worth the silly risk involved...thanks...a pleasure helping you~

10

Would a bad relay be the cause of the odometer and the oil gage? They worked before I changed columns. Where is the relay located?

10

Thank you very much for your assistance

yes, would look in the relay box...I'll check~

you know an undervoltage condition would slow down the performance of the accessories...get a NEW battery...CLEAN the connection from the 1/0 cable to the chassis ground~

you know I cannot seem to find this one~ inextricable....will search some more after lunch~

...I give up~!

10

Judge_roy, thank you very much. It was the relay. When I put in the new column, I pinched a wire and blew the relay. I repaired the wire and replaced switch and it started right up. Thanks again