I am from a car dealership. How do I respond to or remove fraudulent feedback.

Asked by Sep 21, 2013 at 01:13 PM

I am with Cooper Motors Lincoln in Hanover, PA.  We received fraudulent or misleading dealer feedback in the dealer review section and I'd like to know the process involved to have it removed or to respond to it.

Not so sure you can have it removed. It is that persons opinion of you, for people to consider and either accept or reject. If there are inflammatory, name~ calling, inappropriate statements, outright lies, respond back. Politely. Deny categorically. But if the review is a dissatisfied customer that wrote in an appropriate syntax, it will stand. If it is like I describe above, inform the Admin. Of CarGurus by clicking on the orange box "feedback" on the lower right of this page. They will explain how you can tell your side of the story, or remove it... there are ALWAYS two sides to a story. Most folks know that but I must admit, not all.

Yes, thanks David. It is an outright lie and althought I know most customers would understand that if I were to respond, I'd like to have it removed just the same. I don't have the opportunity to defame "Mary" from April's character and I'd just assume she not be given that opportunity. We've been a family owned dealership in the same community under the same name for 69 years and couldn't do that acting unethically as she suggests. I can be reached directly at 717-465-0504 with any questions. Thanks again for your help. Doug Cooper

@Doug Cooper...You will have to contact the CarGurus Admins yourself, providing your name & phone# on a Q&A board will accomplish nothing...Please use the orange feedback button at the bottom right to contact the people who actually own and run this website --------------> DavidH25 is not in a position to help you with your problem, he simply helps people with their questions, but is NOT an Admin (neither am I)...Just a friendly FYI. Out of curiosity though....What did the reviewer say that was so damaging or completely out of line??

Yeah, I went and looked at "Mary" 's review from last April. I must say that if she is going to make those kind of remarks, which are nothing but bitching, provide some details on what happened instead of just slamming you like that. No substance. I for one dismissed the review because of that. You also have a very good review that is credible and that one I did not just dismiss. But RacerX is right...I have no stake or authority in this forum. Just try to help folks with car problems and responded to your question best I knew how

Did you ever find out how to respond to the review?

Contact the BBB and file a complaint against Car Gurus. Also speak with your attorney and see what options they can provide. Seeing as car gurus claims they own all reviews on there site i would figure you would be better off suing them then the person that left the review.