I got a financed car . How can I find out if I trade my car in how much roll over payments will go to the other car

Asked by Sep 18, 2013 at 04:52 PM

2013 honda civic si 4 dr sedan manual 3,800 miles ..owe $29,684 ...and I am going to get
a 2004 subaru for $11,711

94,965

Most likely none, you'll be lucky if your payments don't increase, they don't like paying off someones car then finance an older car. But 11711 for a 2004 seems a little high.

Can u estimate by subtracting the amount owed to the base price of your car now wouldn't that be consided the roll over payment to that car

I owe 29,684 if I subtract the base price of the civic which is 22,915. The left over amount is 6,769 will properly roll over to that car...big picture short I have a 5 year loan but I wanna get a 1 year loan that I can pay off so all I gotta worry about paying is my insurance if anybody got a better idea let me know ..I'm already paying 490 a month just for the car not including my insurance

745

It may be hard to get financed on the Subaru since you'll be adding a ton of negative equity into it. Based on the numbers you posted above it looks like you'll try to finance $18480 for the Subaru. That's almost twice as much as the car is worth. If you are able to get a one year loan, you'll be looking at a monthly payment of $1600-$1800 depending on the interest rate.