I got a financed car . How can I find out if I trade my car in how much roll over payments will go to the other car

Asked by Sep 18, 2013 at 04:52 PM

Question type: General

2013 honda civic si 4 dr sedan manual 3,800 miles ..owe $29,684 ...and I am going to get
a 2004 subaru for $11,711

4 Answers


Most likely none, you'll be lucky if your payments don't increase, they don't like paying off someones car then finance an older car. But 11711 for a 2004 seems a little high.

Can u estimate by subtracting the amount owed to the base price of your car now wouldn't that be consided the roll over payment to that car

I owe 29,684 if I subtract the base price of the civic which is 22,915. The left over amount is 6,769 will properly roll over to that car...big picture short I have a 5 year loan but I wanna get a 1 year loan that I can pay off so all I gotta worry about paying is my insurance if anybody got a better idea let me know ..I'm already paying 490 a month just for the car not including my insurance


It may be hard to get financed on the Subaru since you'll be adding a ton of negative equity into it. Based on the numbers you posted above it looks like you'll try to finance $18480 for the Subaru. That's almost twice as much as the car is worth. If you are able to get a one year loan, you'll be looking at a monthly payment of $1600-$1800 depending on the interest rate.

Your Answer:


General Experts

  • #1
    Tom Demyan
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.