1999 dodge ram 1500 larmie slt 5.2 liter v8 4wd ext cab

Asked by Sep 17, 2013 at 05:18 PM

my truck was running fine till i went to leave work today at first it didnt want to stay
running after i started it unless i was pumping the gas then after a while it would stay
running how ever if i come to a stop and let off the gas or tap the gas while it is idleing
then the truck just dies im just trying to figure out what could be wrong with it it has
128000 i am the second owner but it has been gone through by a dealer ship and by
my mechanic

20,605

the I C M idle control motor is varnished up or not responding to cooler temps.it opens a port to let more air in intake like pulling a vac. hose,the pcm adjusts the trim to compensate for the large leak accordingly ,the air temp sender also plays its part to convey the cooler air temps.

could this also be causing the truck to stall out if i hit a puddle