03 ford taurus won't shift

Asked by Sep 17, 2013 at 09:35 AM

so my fiance and i have a 03 ford taurus. It was practically in great condition when we got it. We have only had it about 10 months.
Now all of sudden the car wont drive when i put it in drive or reverse or over drive or first. but it will lock in park. we put it in drive with the car running an pushed it an it moved but then it stopped. same thing witg reverse put it in reverse an it drifited back but nothing when i hit the gas pedal. now while its in park it doesnt move at all which is good. transmission filter an fluid was changed. I'm thinkin speed sensor but not sure.

247,455

Check the fluid level, it might be low. Check it on a level surface and warm in park. If all checks out, you might be looking at rebuilding the trans. vs a sensor. Have someone check diagnose it for you.