I bought a used 2001 Grand Am and it has obviously been wrecked because the dash is damaged badly from air bags being deployed. Is it expensive to have the dash replaced?

Asked by Sep 15, 2013 at 09:54 PM

Car is in perfect condition other thanked the dash. Bought
to give to my niece on her 16 th bday.

27,015

Umm...have the air bags been replaced? And yes, the dash repair might be a little costly, but I would just ante up the $$ and get it fixed. If the air bags HAVEN'T been replaced, I wouldn't give the car to her at all...Are you seriously giving a trashed Grand Am to a 16 year old?

104,085

You should be able to find one through a salvage yard. But as Racer states if the air bags have not been replaced don't give it to her. My wife was saved by air bags in her car.