i have ford escape v6, it has check engine light but driving seems to be normal, on the other hand when battery light fluctuate it looses power for split seconds then back to its normal driving condition?

40

Asked by Sep 11, 2013 at 09:33 PM

40

just my additional details: I have also experienced couple of dead engine when turning-on a/c while when a/c is not ON battery charging excellent (13.4-14.1 volt reading), since then I went to a/c shop diagnosed the car until it has a verdict of changing the evaporator because leaks is all around and it has clogging in the tubes..

210,455

Josh you need to scan for codes to find out why the check engine light is on. Any local auto parts store will do it for free or purchase one yourself for $25. The battery light fluctuation is the alternator loosing power. I suspect the belt is slipping and causing the problem. You will need to check/replace the belt tensioner.

Best Answer
210,455

Since you added some more details, the belt slipping might also be effecting your AC compressor. Check the belt tension, replace the serpentine belt as well.

40

after changing the evaporator it work fine, however, the engine light came-in, i did the reset by disconnecting battery for 15minutes, drove the car no engine light for a day then engine light back-on again, looks like it can't be fixed by only resetting the ecu.. anyone out there experienced the same, how did you fix it?

210,455

I scan for codes. You can sit around and guess all you want as to why the light is on. It could be many different sensors causing it to light up, even a misfire. By having the code read, it will pinpoint you to the sensor or sensors that are getting the faulty reading. No way around it.

40

hi Tom, i'll try to get codes but in my location looks not to have a friendly shop to get it available, surely I'll try to look on the a/c belts - replacing suggestion, although i asked the a/c mechanic to also check the belts and told me still good and looks new this is only 5days ago..

40

Thanks Tom.. aside from getting the codes scanned, any more suggestions for DIY check/troubleshoot that may caused this problem?

210,455

None that I can think of till you have the code.

40

hi there, looks like my engine light went off for almost two weeks now - thanks may be on battery reset, i had check also vaccum hoses making every sensors fits and its ok - well, except for the battery lightin-up contributory to loss power when driving, do you still suggest to get codes with no lights within it? any help out there will be appreciated..