I have a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 5.3L. I need to know how to remove the radiator and if the condensor has to come out also. I want to replace the radiator. Thanks.

Asked by Sep 10, 2013 at 07:43 PM

6,485

The AC condenser should not have to come out when the radiator is removed. As for radiator removal, just collect the antifreeze while draining the radiator, remove the two large hoses from the top and bottom of the radiator, remove the cooling fan shroud and cooling fan, then remove the bolts which hold it to the radiator panel. Lift the old radiator up and out being careful not to hit anything. Installation is the reverse. Go to www.Chiltons.com online and look up "radiator removal" using your auto information.

Thank you so much for the reply....can you give me that website to look it up online again bc when I go straight to it from your post it is a furniture website.