What is a roomy third row SUV besides a Tahoe?

Asked by Sep 08, 2013 at 09:55 AM

I cant decide what I want.  I love my car now (2011 Nissan Altima).  I have a 4 year old and 2 month old so I need more room.  If I find a SUV the reviews are bad or something is not right.  HELP! I need room ASAP!

100,345

Mini van? I really liked the Town and Country that we had, lots of room, fair power, just wasn't good on the ice.

I am not sure if I want to drive a van.

100,345

Go big, have you looked at the chevy suburban?

They are a little too big for me. I like Pathfinders, Traverse, things like that. I thought I wanted a Tahoe, but I drove one and didnt impress me.

100,345

That is the trouble with the third row seating, to get more room you need a larger rig or go van.

26,585

First of all, Minivans are boring and passe, so unless you're ok with the "soccer mom" look, I'd advise against buying one. Now..while there are many SUV choices, finding one with a "real" 3rd row seat can be challenging...The ones in my 2010 Mitsu Outlander are a joke (A 2 year old would be miserable sitting back there) ..but I have no kids and never drive with more than 4 people, so it's all good. -- ------ Consumer Reports did a very nice job of carving out the SUV's with 3rd row seats that are actually usuable..so check these out: Mazda CX-9, Toyota Highlander, Chevrolet Traverse, Acura MDX, Honda Pilot (all are on the CR recommended vehicle list as well...meaning that reliability is good to very good).

Thanks!!!!!

26,585

Glad we could be of help to you! Good Luck!

Thanks! I found a 2009 traverse so hopefully I will fall in love when I drive it!

85

If you have the money, look at 2005 or newer Lexus lx. It rides like a car and has third row seating. Handles like a dream. If you want bigger and not a mini van choose a 2008 or new Sequoia. Handling is good but it is on the Tunrdra chasis.