what are the symptoms of a bad throttle head in an Accord 2005 i4?

Asked by Sep 06, 2013 at 07:56 PM

237,015

Do you mean throttle body? Usually you will have idle and hesitation issues. Most don't fail, and just require some cleaning, clean the IAC while your in there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db8nBAQnOd0

Thanks Tom. Well why i'm asking is because i'm experiencing idle and acceleration issues with my car (and i was directed to the throttle body) ​ so​ i want to make sure. The problem started after i had a frontal collision accident wt the car in question, after the body work n all, i noticed myy idle gets ​ so​ low (even on P. Ranges btw 500-550) and the acceleration was pathetic, no matter how i hard i stamp the pedal it doesn't push like it used to. Only increases speed gradually. NOTE: the sensor socket on the front of the throrrle body broke (i'm guessing from the accident) ​ so​ i dnt know if cleaning it will make it work again, since the socket on the throttle body is damaged. what do you think?.

237,015

Not sure what you mean by socket, but that might be the idle control valve that I mentioned to clean and that would pinpoint you to your issue. If you want your car to run properly, nothing should be broken or not hooked up in the engine bay. Purchase a new sensor or wiring connector (whatever is broke) and let us know if that fixed your issue. If you can post a pic and we can help further.

i hope this pics will give you a better understanding of wat i'm referinng to. It's the black sensor/connector screwd to the throttle body in the engine.

Photo 2

It has a socket wt its wire connected to it, coming from behind, on the top, clipped to the air manifold rubber. See arrow pointing in pic 2. (That's the part i was describing to u that got cracked/broken after the crash). i guess if it's faulty the sensor clipped in it won't function & maybe has a part to play in my issue with the throttle body?

Hello?