My 2002 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0 will not stay running/starts briefly then shuts down

Asked by Sep 02, 2013 at 10:52 AM

The truck will start but stay running for only a few seconds.Pressing on the pedal doesn't extend the start time measurably.  Fuel pressure is 60 psig I have replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump because it appeared to be a fuel delivery problem.  I also tried the security system reset procedure suggested by Joel but to no avail. No change.  Where else should I look????

Turned out to be the mass airflow sensor. If you have a similar problem just disconnect it and if engine starts then replace it. about $100 P.S. it's the sensor on the air filter housing.