What's the reason for prices for used cars being so close to the price of new one?

Asked by Sep 01, 2013 at 04:43 PM

Three Parts: I've been looking for a Kia Sorento  and I find 2011s/2012s/2013s with 30r 40K on them with less options and only 5/6 grand less than a new 2014.  And, too boot the warranty doesn't transfer.

Second part:  Do you think that there will be better deals ahead in the Nov./Dec. time frame?

Third part:Where can I find repossessed cars?

102,155

I'm still not convinced that a KIA is a good car, I'd look at something else. Year end model sales are on now so better deals are not likely at the year end. Repos are not normally for sale to the general public, but you can check with your local banks and financial institutions to see if they do it.

257,785

To get a decent price/fair deal on a used car vs new you have to go out more than 4-5 years.

26,785

Although I would strongly suggest you AVOID a Kia (The jury is still out for reliability/build quality of Korean Cars), you can get Repo Cars from some Dealers, Banks and Auctions (but this can be very risky as the car's condition may be questionable). Check out this article: http://autos.aol.com/article/how-to-buy-repo-vehicle/