CAR WILL NOT AGREE TO REV

Asked by Aug 31, 2013 at 01:45 PM

if it's a newer model am going to blame the TPS or throttle position sensor...is a failure item as it gets used...a lot with every drive~ Do not know what car you have but am going to guess a 96 Buick Lesabre....get it right?

26,395

Judge...if you look at K4Real's previous questions, it looks like he has 2 vehicles: Chevy (Geo) Tracker and a Chrysler 300 M. Still, we would need more information about the car....

wow Rex, you are certainly on your game today....no I seem to do no research and frequently reach from within to retrieve the correct info (google doesn't hurt)...but point is, I am not privvy to this K4real fleet of vehicles, each with it's own unique set of concerns~

you know Guy did not even provide which car?! how we gonna give an answer straight out of our gullet?~

agree to rev? a fuel pressure regulator malfunction can cause this...while whistling dixie with the unconnected vacuum leak~____if a newer car would say the air/fuel mix is off for a number of factors the engine temp sensor and the Air Intake Sensor are being cross-examined for their correct output~

26,395

I'm not going to even begin to guess what his issue MIGHT be, until he provides more details. Glad you and DavidH and holding the top spots! I'm not worthy..lol ..and I sure as heck aren't as knowledgeable as you 2 two guys! I'm cool with my #13 spot!

a chain having jumped a tooth to a retarded condition will do this too (sorry for the bearer of bad news), but you may check the chain presser foot to see if its got any travel or is at as far as it can to...chain is stretching but the tensioner takes up the slack...if the timing chain is stretched, it can jump position with something as a hard bump in the road such as running over a rock under the tire~

Ever tried to run, start and drive around the block an engine that has a tooth off...in the words of tenspeed, it runs "POOPY"~