looking for a used car with some luxury but not high maintenance . any suggestions

20

Asked by Aug 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Buick drove beautifully (lacrosse) but too expensive and only got 17 mpg.  I need good
supportive seat on passenger side as well for bad back.

Budget? Let's begin there.

Best Answer
20

18-22K

OK. I am thinking 2010 Lexus ES ...at the very high end of your budget but a very nice powerful dependable luxury car. You can read about them at: http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/es-350/2010/ ....rated 27 mpg ...sorry I took so long to answer but I was looking at a lot of different cars. For $22K you can get in to a low mileage 2010....like under 50,000 miles...there are so many....I personally lean Toyota/Lexus but you can click 'used cars' here and shop...plug in criteria you desire

Thinking also..for a lot less money you can get in to a 2010 Corolla...not exactly full luxury but 38mpg and power everything, and more room than it looks like from outside. Avoid 2012/2013 Corollas. They are inferior to the 2011 and 2010 and in my 2006 I have had NO repair costs whatsoever ..but that being said a new Corolla, or any Toyota come with "Toyota Care" 2 years of free scheduled maintenance, oil changes, everything, and a 5 year 60,000 mile warranty. They have a CVT for an automatic...mixed revues and opinions on that, "Consistently Variable Transmission" (Or "Constantly VT" depending on who you ask) that you will not feel shift, it does not shift gears in the conventional way

coloradocarguy has an excellent point....can't disagree at all...If you are not familiar, the Camry is a Class of car between the Corolla and Lexus ..when you say low maintenance Toyota comes to mind..at least for me

20

You guys are great. I never though I could look at a Lexus, Thanks Dave & Coloradocarguy. I guess Tayota is the way to go Dottie

20

Marlborough MA

Simply speaking from experience, when it comes to reliability, dependability, (if that's not redundant) and just plain being able to know that the next time you want to go, your car will start and run without problems, Toyota has no peers.

20

I agree. we do own a 2008 Prius & it never has had a problem. We do all the maintenance requirements. My gripe on this car is the HID headlights. Repacing one cost $350. All the lights went out while driving on a highway at night. By turning the switch off and on all came back but the left front. That had been going off and on for awhile. I would bring it in and of course it was working and they found nothing wrong. I will not by any car with HID lights

nd the rest of the drivers on the road will thank you. Approaching an oncoming car with HID headlights is a safety hazard, blinding other drivers, especially since when people put on conversion kits to HID they don't adjust them down as instructed, even cars that have them from factory are a hazard and should not even be legal, The beam they throw is so bright the beam pattern is supposed to be reduced also, but there are some people that just don't give a hoot about anybody else, common courtesy and safety as long as their own lights are "cool". ***Please note Dottie I am not including YOU in that group*** The car on the left of this image has 90% visibility for driver and 70% to oncoming cars visibility as the HID on other car

20

I checked out on line the 2010 Lexus ES but which model #?

ES 350

20

I'll check it out. Thanks