Should I buy a 2006 Tahoe with 85000 miles or 2007 Acadia with 106000 miles?

Asked by Aug 29, 2013 at 09:02 PM

I do not know which one is better.  I like the gas better with Acadia and they are nicer.

Both vehicles are in line with average expected age/ mileage which is ten to fifteen thousand miles per each year of the vehicle. The Acadia is on the high end though. Get a vehicle history report such as carfax, autocheck, etc. to try and find out which has been better maintained, if either is a one owner vehicle, and if either have ever been involved in an accident. Inspect both vehicles carefully or, if you're not car savy, have an inspection done by a professional company. This will cost about $150.00. But may uncover hidden flaws. Good luck with your purchase. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer

Thank you!

You're welcome. Glad to help. Thank you for the best answer click. -Jim

Do a compression test on each cylinder of each motor...this would be keen to inform you as to the wear on the valves and piston rings...indicating which one is "fresher"~

gonna put my money on the low mileage one (as long as it wasn't owned by a high-stress dweeb who never got an oil change)~ Have only two criteria...How does the interior smell?....and How does the exhaust smell?~ will elaborate on the spectral analysis of the human nose if needed~

A mother had the Tahoe. It's very nice inside and out. I haven't seen the Acadia in person.

David Underwood

I have several things for you to consider. 1 is room. The tahoe has more space inside and clearly has a better ride. If you think you will save signifacantly on fuel I think you will be disapointed. Also remember that that was the 1st year the Acadia was built(always be concerned with that when there out of Warranty. Last and Final thought. I have 5 tahoes on my lot that are in excess of 150k and would drive any one of them to california. It is an incredible product. Good Luck and Safe Driving to you and yours....