1994 Mercedes 280 CL engine not cranking

10

Asked by Aug 23, 2013 at 09:57 AM

The battery is ok but when I turn the ignition key to crank it up it will not do so, even though all the dash board lights come all on

10

I think there's a sequence in door locking that may trigger the engine not to crank over

23,225

how do you know the battery is ok? start there

Best Answer Mark helpful
10

I know, cause I took the battery to an autoparts store, they tested it and said it needed recharging, which they did and after I put it back into the car , went to crank it and it wouldn't. So if not the battery, what could be the culprit?

23,225

Even after charging- ok- after sitting, the starter could go bad- there could be corrosion on the cables- negative or positive- you have a very nice Mercedes- now, can you afford a very nice Mercedes mechanic?