Gas

10

Asked by Aug 13, 2013 at 11:45 PM

My 2002 Yukon will not start with 1/4 tank of gas in it, but If I had a couple gallons it will start fine.

sounds like a leak at the fuel pump~...you know that there must be 1/8 tank in there to keep the fuel pump cool...an additional amount can only help to keep your cool~...keep it on full and do not worry~

10

Thanks Man

90,315

Double check the accuracy of your gauge, it should start and run just fine with a 1/4 tank of fuel. Judge could be correct about the leak. But I think it would be on the fuel pickup end of the pump, or the strainer could be plugging up with crud on the underside so fuel won't get into the pump unless the level is above the crud in the strainer.