2001 pontiac grand am gt. hits 4000 rpm and it starts bogging out. anyone have any suggestions

10

Asked by Aug 09, 2013 at 08:52 AM

check the operation of your EGR valve....bet it's the culprit~

10

thanks

find it, disassemble it, and clean it with a small parts cleaning brush and some brake cleaner, put it back on with a new gasket and you're good to go~

97,135

If the EGR is good, try new plugs and wires. The Pontiac V6 uses a waste spark ignition system which fires two plugs at the same time. Use premium plugs when replacing. Cheap plugs don't last long.