19 91 ford 4 wheel drive 3 quarter ton 5 speed transmission no 3rd and 4th Could it be the shifter forks and if so how do I fix it

Asked by Aug 08, 2013 at 09:01 AM

91 ford to korea town 4 wheel drive manual transmission face. 302
engine your 3rd or 4th

92,905

I would drain the trans first, see if there is ant metal particles in the fluid, if there is then a tranny tear down i the next step, if no metal is found then you will have to gain access to the top of the tranny to remove the top cover, most fords have a body panel that can be removed to make this possible, but it is under the floor mat or carpet, so it will have to be taken out. Once the cover is off then you can see what has gone wrong.