Will a 2005 Volkswagen jetta engine fit in a 2001 Volkswagen jetta.

Asked by Aug 07, 2013 at 07:40 PM

I have a 2001 Volkswagen jetta vr6 and I am looking into buying a 2005 Volkswagen jetta 2.0. Will it fit in my car.

Michael Kane

I would check over at VWVORTEX.com the site is deicated to everything VW Im shure someone over ther has a good answer for you. Good luck.

Thank you I will try that website.

It depends on which 05 you have. If it is the older body style it should. If it is the newer body style the 2.0 is a diesel unless it is the GLI. Remember there is a whole lot more to changing the engine size in a VW, The ECM will have a fit with that change. The wiring is different also.